Mauritius Hash Trash 349
04-11-2001 Arsenal Geeta And Lady Russell (with Advice From His #349
Run at Powder Mill, Arsenal. In view of the slight hiccup last time with the Police and similar problems in Glasgow, it was decided to lay the trail with sand this time in order to avoid terrorising the local population and keep the ‘Authorities’ happy.
An excellent run, partly through woods, partly in open country and partly around and across a muddy river. Something for everyone except no hills (couldn’t find any!) A beer stop was provided for the first few to arrive half way round.
- All Hashers are invited to a party at MUG on Friday, 9th November. There will be a spit roast and a bucket of beer for Rs250 per head. Other drinks at bar prices. (If you are not a member of MUG, you will be signed in as a guest by someone who is). Please inform Blob (or get your tickets at MUG), if you are comming.
- Volunteer’s were invited for taking these notes. So far Brenda, Tony & Alan have graciously given their consent.
More willing hands needed (no need to type up the notes, just hand over to Bob at end of the day).
- Unfortunately the camping hash has been cancelled because (a) insufficient interest (b) permission not obtained to use the island.
- Dogs will be allowed on future hashes provided that they are kept under control at all times.
- It is recommended that future runs be marked with sand (available free on most beaches) to avoid attracting Anthrax scares.
First Timers (Virgins):
Marie André Boullé
Ella Nimmo (Leslie’s mum)
Guy François Latendresse & family
Pauline Law and family (not quite her first time but good to see her again after a long break)
All stated that they will come again !!
None this time, have we scared everyone off ? (Our new GM took it upon himself to accept a down,down instead)
RA: Down, downs awarded to:-
The Hares (Geeta, Jackie & Bob) The run was awarded 8/10 by the crowd present.
P List: Keith, Alan, Gilbert the Policeman
Short cutters: Alan, Tushia, Perry (all in a race to the beer stop)
For hogging the fun by doing too many checks: John
Sybille and Marie André For carrying parasols and looking too ‘ladylike’: taken in their respective parasols.
Special Down, down.
To Lord Russell for editing the web page (or was it for changing the words of our new sacred Hash Hymn ?)
Smelly toilet seat award:
Big John (because he has never had it before or at least his name was not to be found)
Note: The lucky winner should honour the seat, mark his name on it and wear it on the next run. He / She then has the pleasure of designating the next winner.
She was quiet today !
Gilbert & Etienne
Directions to next Hash (350th !) to be held at 10am on 18th November.
Take the Southern Freeway. At the Curepipe/Quartier Militaire roundabout, turn towards Quartier Militaire. Drive for approximately 1,5 kms, then turn right at the indication SSR Medical College (Belle Rive). Drive for another 2,5 kms, then turn left at the indication Dubreuil Tea Factory. After another 1,5 kms, there is a diversion to La Pipe, turn right, follow this road until you see hash signs. Recommendations: Good shoes (forest and hilly trails), mosquitos/flies repellent for those attracting them; Camera (nice views, special occasion !). No river crossing this time ! Bridges have been built, thanks Gilbert !
|Supreme Being:||Tony “Barnacle Bill” Ward – TonyWard@intnet.mu|
|Trailmasters:||Clarence Babet & Charlie Scrimgeour|
|Cellarmaster:||Tony “Barnacle Bill” Ward|
|Hash Horn:||“Blob” Latimer|
|Religious Adv/Sex Councillor:||Eric “Hot-dog” Maard; deputy “Barnacle Bill”|
|Barbecue Bearer:||Dave “Shorty” Colbert|
|Ice Maiden:||Peter “Long Zip” Attig|
|Ha$h Ca$h:||Tom & Geeta “Tinkerbel”|
|Drinks for Wimps ‘n Kids:||“Lord & Lady” Russell|
|Hash Market:||Dave “Shorty” Colbert & Juliette “Snow White”|
|Edit Hare and Webmaster:||Bob Russell assisted by volunteer’s|